Visit the Algarve, experience everything!
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel stretches over 8 hectares of pine forest, next to the Falésia Beach.
From its central location in the Algarve, you can explore the Algarve westward until Sagres, or even eastward until Vila Real de Santo António, by the Spanish border - all within a short driving distance.
Visit the traditional Algarve beaches, punctuated by rocky headlands and cliffs, typical of the region. The magnificent Falésia beach, right by the resort, is the only beach in the Algarve to have been awarded with the Golden Flag by the European Union. Its multicoloured sands extend from Barranco das Belharucas to the Vilamoura Marina.
Falésia beach has received several awards, including:
- TripAdvisor - Travellers' Choice
- World Travel Awards – Europe’s Best Beach Destination
There's more to the Algarve than sun and beaches!
Discover some of the Algarve’s cities and historical sites. Don’t miss these:
- Silves - the medieval castle and Gothic cathedral
- Estoi (near Faro) - the Roman villa of Milreu, with colorful mosaics and a unique temple
- Faro - the old walled city, the cathedral and the convent (museum)
- Loulé - its imposing medieval castle
- Tavira - the city of churches, divided by the ever flowing river
- Vila Real de Santo António - the Pombaline-style city centre, rebuilt after the 1755 earthquake
Golf lovers have several options near the EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel, namely:
- Pine Cliffs – about 5 minutes away.
- Vilamoura Golf Courses – the various golf courses in Vilamoura are 10/15 minutes away. The best ones are: Vitória, Old Course, Pinahl, Laguna and Millenium.
The historic cities of Lagos and Sagres have long been connected with the discoveries.
Sagres is where the King Afonso Henriques school was located, better known as the Prince of Sagres or the Navigator.
In Lagos, visit Ponta da Piedade, 20 metres high natural monument composed of various rock formations. Don't forget to bring your camera along!
Visit Faro, its walls and the old town. Take a stroll along Ria Formosa, considered one of the 7 natural wonders of Portugal. In addition to a breathtaking scenery, the deserted beaches also have a vast ecosystem for you to explore. You can see greater flamingos and Grey Herons, among others.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT FARO
Albufeira and Vilamoura are 10/15 minutes away from the EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel, cosmopolitan cities for visitors who enjoy a more lively experience. Some beaches in the municipality of Albufeira, all different, each with their own unique charm, are worth a visit.
Enjoy the sports complex or rent a kayak, a sailboat... or take the kids to one of the three water parks near the hotel... there are many activities to choose from!